ClimateCodeRed Oshawa: Time for a Just Transition!
Scientists have issued a “code red for humanity” to tackle the climate crisis, but governments continue to let corporations call the shots. Together, we can break the grip of corporate … Watch video »
Scientists have issued a “code red for humanity” to tackle the climate crisis, but governments continue to let corporations call the shots. Together, we can break the grip of corporate influence. Organize our communities to pressure MPs to support just transition legislation.
Green Jobs Oshawa is organizing in support of a just transition here in town and across the country. Part of this just transition must include harnessing the potential of the manufacturing sector in Canada to produce socially beneficial products that can bring about a decarbonized economy, rather than allowing manufacturing to be done only for private profit.
This event is part of the Climate Code Red week of action organized by the Council of Canadians. Learn more at Canadians.org/greennewdeal.
This video includes live speeches and recorded messages of support from:
- Julia McCrea – Durham Region Labour Council Executive, OSSTF District 13 Executive (M.C. of the event)
- Pam Parks – CUPE Local 6364 Lakeridge Health Oshawa
- Steve Murphy – National Secretary, Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
- Colin Long – Victorian Trades Council (Australia)
- Chris Borgia – Interim President Durham Region Labour Council, IBEW Local 353
- Amanda Harvey-Sanchez – Climate Justice Toronto organizer
- Emma Jackson – Climate Justice Edmonton organizer
- Tony Leah – Green Jobs Oshawa organizer
- Eric Truss – UAW Local 600, Auto Workers Caravan
- Sam Mason – New Lucas Plan Project
- Robin Tress – Council of Canadians campaigner (video)