The Left’s Responses to the Crisis in Europe and North America
Toronto — 1 December 2011. Moderated by Greg Albo, featuring: Leo Panitch is a political economist and theorist based at York University, Toronto, and is co-editor of Socialist Register. His … Watch video »
Toronto — 1 December 2011.
Moderated by Greg Albo, featuring:
- Leo Panitch is a political economist and theorist based at York University, Toronto, and is co-editor of Socialist Register. His latest book (with co-author Sam Gindin) is The Making of Global Capitalism will be out in the Spring of 2012.
- Stephanie Ross teaches in the Department of Labour Studies at York University, Toronto, and is the co-director of the Centre for Research on Work and Society.
- Albert Scharenberg is a political scientist and historian and is the Head of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation. He is a lecturer in politics and American Studies at the Free University of Berlin.
- Bill Fletcher is a longtime labour and international activist and the former President and chief executive officer of TransAfrica Forum. He is the executive editor of the Center for Labor Renewal. He is co-author (along with Fernando Gapasin) of Solidarity Divided.
- Part 5 includes a selection of Q+A responses by all the presenters.
Sponsored by the the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, the Centre for Social Justice, and the Socialist Project.