Pedagogy, Human Development and Socialism:
The Bolivarian Revolution
Venezuela — September 2006.
Selections from a conversation between Peter McLaren and Michael Lebowitz.
- Part I (9:02): The Bolivarian constitution and radical pedagogy
- Part II (8:50): Constitution, pedagogy and praxis.
- Part III (20:14): The issue of socialism.
• "The working class demands the right to make its mistakes and learn the dialectic of history." - Rosa Luxemburg (1904), Leninism or Marxism?.
• Gajo Petrovic
• Paulo Freire (1970), Pedagogy of the Oppressed
• Beyond Capital: Toward a Theory of Transition by István Mészáros.
• "The communal character of production would make the product into a communal, general product from the outset. The exchange
which originally takes place in production – which would not be an exchange of exchange values but of activities, determined
by communal needs and communal purposes – would from the outset include the participation of the individual in the communal
world of products." - Karl Marx (1857), The Grundrisse.